Monday, January 12, 2009



This is an oil painting on an 8”x10” canvas. The image is of a close up sideways view of a Buddha face. Lots of intense color was used in the application of this piece. Look closely and you’ll find hot orange, lime green, purple, blue, gold and many other colors.


To add some texture to the painting I spattered white, dark blue and light blue spots all over. Also from the top you’ll find whites, golds, blues, purples and greens drip down the canvas. This is a technique I’ve used in the past and really enjoy the final look of it. You just kind of have to trust it will all work out, because you are literally just dripping paint thinner down the canvas - so any work previously done is washed down the canvas.


No youtube video on this one - I blanked on bringing up the camera the other day when I finished the painting after the live broadcast on Friday. Oh well, c’est la vie, eh?


I’ll be broadcasting again LIVE today, so please feel free to check out my show in a little bit, around 1pm PST.


This painting is available at ebay at this link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180320396138


Well have a great day and I’ll see you soon!


Hugs,

Gayle

No comments: