Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Georgia Peaches Daily Painting #44 by Gayle Etcheverry




Todays painting is of a bowl of peaches. I found this image online at a website called www.roadsidescholar.com the photographers name is Gigi Leonard - LOVE the pictures there. I wanted to be sure to give a shout out to Gigi. Great work! Please be sure to check out her site and tell her I sent you.

This is an oil painting on a 6”x 8” canvas. I used brushes to get this look. The peaches are in a blue-green bowl.

A new friend named Donavan suggested I name the painting "Georgia Peaches" - great idea Donavan, I love it!

Well Christmas is approaching fast. It is really hard to believe it is Dec 22nd. It even feels like winter here in LA with the weather being unusually cold. Even the other day I saw someone scraping ice off of their car windows (the sprinklers went off and the water froze as it dripped down the car!) I understand this is mild compared to what people out East are going through. My heart goes out to you. That snow also reminds me why I moved to LA in the first place - for the sun. ;)

This painting is available at Ebay for the next 7 days. Just click here for more details.

Merry Christmas!
Gayle Etcheverry

No comments: